qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] What cpu frequency?

From: giovanni bracco
Subject: [Qemu-devel] What cpu frequency?
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:46:46 +0200

I run several istances of qemu at the same time to experiment with network
software.

I have observed that the information
cpu MHz
in /proc/cpuinfo
seems to have randomly choosen values for each qemu instance, even if the host
system remains the same without any change to its configuration.

So my question is:
what is the source of the information about cpu clock frequency for the system
hosted inside qemu?

I run qemu 0.7.1 in a SUSE 9.2 laptop, kernel 2.6.xx (host frequency seems to
be the upper limit of the value - 1600 MHz in my case; speed step on/off does
not change the behaviour)
The emulated system is Scientific Linux 3.0.4 which is a clone of RHEL 3,
kernel 2.4.xxx

Giovanni

--
Giovanni Bracco