qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] -user-net without DHCP?

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] -user-net without DHCP?
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:52:19 -0400

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 02:22:53AM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to use -user-net but with a statically configured IP address?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Considering that the user-net's emulated DHCP server always returns the exact
same IP address, I'd say yes.

However, when I say exact same IP address, I mean exactly the same one. qemu
doesn't support changing the default IP subnet, so unless you want to play with
the source you're stuck with the defaults.