qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu in 0.7.2 no longer boots Xen

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu in 0.7.2 no longer boots Xen
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:57:28 -0500

Paul Brook wrote:

On Monday 12 September 2005 22:37, Anthony Liguori wrote:

Without knowing the differences in kqemu between versions, it's hard to
narrow down any further.  I looked at the diffs for qemu though and did
not see anything obvious.

kqemu is a proprierary module only available as a binary object. You have approximately zero chance of finding or fixing bugs in it.
Hi Paul,

FWIW, I've also tried to get Xen running under qvm86 with no success. The accelerator module generates an error part-way into the Linux boot sequence (right after disk probing).

dmesg shows that shadow faulting the GDT is failing but that's occuring a bit before it bails out (according to the timestamps).

I can provide a script that can take a built Xen tree and launchs qemu with Xen automatically (you could provide an empty disk since it dies long before it mounts the disk). It's not as simple as just passing a -kernel because Xen needs to be booted via multiboot.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Paul