qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU 0.7.2

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU 0.7.2
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:54:25 -0400

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 08:37:39PM -0700, Mike Swanson wrote:
> I'm just wondering... is it any trouble to draw QEMU using Xlib?

No. Somone released a file called nosdl.c which did that, though it was for a
really
old version of qemu it may still work. (The way it was written was sort of a
hack, though.)

AFAIK the sole objection to using Xlib is because you can't write a GUI using it
(well technically you could, but clearly using GTK or Qt is better for that
task). Fabrice wants a fully integrated GUI into qemu, so he probably won't
accept
Xlib patches.

> I'd prefer that over any conventional toolkit. There are many
> instances where I'm not running any GTK or QT applications on my
> desktop, and I'd appreaciate it if I didn't have load either of them
> only to run QEMU. >_>
> --
> Mike

I agree with you there. (In fact, I may take the nosdl.c and write an up2date
version if I can find the time.)