qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu and AFS filesystem bugs?

From: Troy Benjegerdes
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu and AFS filesystem bugs?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:05:03 -0500

I'm running qemu 0.7.2 on a Fedora Core 4 system (Opteron system), with
OpenAFS 1.4.0-rc3.

When I try to install either Windows 2000 or Red Hat WS, I am finding
that if the guest install ISO image is on an AFS filesystem, I get
strange errors during the install. On Windows, I would get 'file
corrupted' when copying files in the initial install.

Once the ISO image is in the AFS cache, it seems to work better. How
would I go about debugging something like this?

For what it's worth, other people have run VMware with ISO and disk
images on AFS with no problems.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                address@hidden

Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz