qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] getting past the ctrl-alt-del login in NT

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] getting past the ctrl-alt-del login in NT
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:08:57 -0400

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 10:44:37AM -0700, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 15:00 +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > in qemu monitor (press CTRL ALT 2 to reach to the monitor): type:
> > sendkey ctrl-alt-del  and press Enter

Incidently, its sendkey ctrl-alt-delete (ctrl-alt-del didn't work for me
last time i tried it at least).

> > then press CTRL ALT 1 - and viola, you can type your login and password.
> >
> > Hetz
> >

> Implies a nice feature would be to allow CTRL-ALT combinations above 3
> to be bound to key sequences like CTRL-ALT-DEL in guest. So you could
> bind CTRL-ALT-4 to CTRL-ALT-DEL and skip the intermediate step.

CTRL-ALT-4 is the parallel port console, parallel0. If you added more consoles,
those would take up more numbers. Of course, theres no reason why we can't
map CTRL-ALT-D to CTRL-ALT-DELETE in the guest, CTRL-ALT-P to the Pause/Break
key, CTRL-ALT-B to CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE, etc.