qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Boot Loader with Qemu

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Boot Loader with Qemu
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:38:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Dave B. Sharp wrote:

 I am trying to develop a boot loader for an embedded
PPC SBC. I would like to be able to boot into a bare
metal envirmnent with only monitor support and execute
my code from there. Is this possible?

I think the closest you can get without too much effort is to load your code as if it was a linux kernel. This maybe won't match exactly with the normal bootloader address used by your SBC but should be quite similar otherwise I think.

Regards
Henrik