qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] about DHCP server in qemu

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] about DHCP server in qemu
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:50:47 +0400

Jim C. Brown wrote:
On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 05:00:42PM +0200, octane indice wrote:
Hello

I have some problems using the built-in DHCP server in qemu.

1. Is it possible to have guets connected?
If I launch 3 qemu, that I can do:
ping 10.2.0.15
ping 10.2.0.14
and so on. In order to simulate a network?

No. In fact, the server is set up to always return the same IP in response to
a request. Even if it worked like a full fledged DHCP server, there's no way to
connect multiple guests together. The best you can do is slirpvde.

err.. it works for me...
This gives me 9 qemu sessions that all get different 10.x.x.x ip addresses via
dhcp

#!/bin/sh
rm /tmp/qemu-irc-*
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ; do
qemu-img create -b /tracks/lin.img -f qcow /tmp/qemu-irc-$i
qemu -fda /tracks/floppy.img -hda /tmp/qemu-irc-$i -boot a -user-net -macaddr
C0:0F:FE:01:01:9$i -m32 &
done

Regards,
Brad