qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] tun/tap networking

From: Jean-Christian de Rivaz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] tun/tap networking
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:54:29 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom a écrit :
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:

You point the real question: why it has been impossible to get accepted any patch that fixed this. I has proposed one myself and I get no comment at all. I see similar effort from others and obviousely there failed almost the same way. No getting any valuable comment about why a idea proposed by many peopoles is not applyed make this subject very hard.

I think it is in part due to the command line parsing of network parameters being all crap and need to be replaced by something more sane.

Ok. So if the command line parsing of network parameters is crap for someone, he is free to improve it. But, sorry, I found that not a valid excuse to silently reject others featurs to the network setup. I will be very happy to modify the patch I propose to be compliant with a new network parameters parsing code.

I hope that we can resolve this subject, because in my point of view, using a existing "tun" is far more simpler than create one the way quemu do

I agree that persistent tun tap devices is much easier to work with.

Thanks. :-)
--
Jean-Christian de Rivaz