qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] tun/tap networking: patch for existing tun

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] tun/tap networking: patch for existing tun
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:29:13 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of comment. I mostly use the 'user-net' networking so I never bothered much about TUN/TAP.

What I can say is that the '-net xxx' option will be implemented to solve the existing issues. My only concern is about ensuring backward compatibility (if no one needs it then it is much simpler).

Another point is that I am very tempted to integrate a feature to connect several qemu without needing an external program such as VDE. I am thinking of it because it would be relatively easy to add to the existing user-net code (user-net already simulates a kind of LAN).

Fabrice.