qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] non-blocking disk IO

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] non-blocking disk IO
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:19:18 +0200

hmmm....

the static binary crashes, the one with ptreadGC2.dll is ok.

What I tried to measure, on windows host, kqemu-0.7.2
loaded, was:
(1) tar -jxf linux-2.6.10.tar.bz2
(2) make allnoconfig; make

I confirm ~18% speed improvement in case (1), but no change
more or less for case (2). I believe maybe someone with a
windows host SMP could get different figures. If so, please
update these accordingly and let the list know.

Indeed, threading on a busy single CPU doesn't make it faster.
A kernel compilation with kqemu makes full use of the CPU. :(

I think we'll benefit mostly when copying files or setup OSes when
the CPU is quite in IDLE state. I've no figures without kqemu yet.

At least, it's a good start for speed improvement.
Thanks for the patch! :)

--
Christian