qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PowerPC emulation and linux kernel

From: Dennis Hall
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PowerPC emulation and linux kernel
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:10:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I received the link below from address@hidden.  It's the only version of qemu that I've been able to run PowerPC / Linux 2.6 kernel on.  He also mentioned in a later email that I couln't use the 7.1 version (the latest release at the time), but to use 6.1.

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 07:55:31PM -0400, Dennis Hall wrote:

> Has anyone been able to boot a Linux 2.6 kernel using

> quemu-system-ppc? If so please explain how...

see here.

http://www.soulinfo.com/~hugang/qemu/qemu/

--

Hu Gang .-. Steve

/v\

// \\

/( )\

GPG Key ID ^^-^^ http://soulinfo.com/~hugang/hugang.asc

Top of Form 1

&&&&

Dennis Hall

address@hidden

Frederic Bezies <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello.

Sorry if I make a mistake, but when I try Ubuntu 5.10 liveCD for PPC (under latest Q unstable), emulated screen goes blank after the beginning of the boot process.

I read somewhere that PPC emulation is limited to linux 2.4... Any infos ?

Thanks ;)

--
Frederic Bezies