qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] several guests with static ip-address

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] several guests with static ip-address
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:05:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Michael Kapp wrote:

OK, can you give me some hints how to do that?

I've tested it with a tun/bridged setup, but it only work with one guest,
here is my configuration for the qemu-ifup script:

Each qemu gets it's own tun device, and you need to make sure your script gets this proper...

I've never used any qemu-ifup scripts. Very much prefer using static tun interfaces, and when I forget I usually set up the host configuration manually as root while qemu is running..

...this works so far. But how can i get another guest into this subnet?

It's just about adding his tun device to the same bridge, and giving it "link up"..

Regards
Henrik