qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu and Synergy?

From: Thomas Steffen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu and Synergy?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:08:36 +0200

On 10/22/05, Oliver Gerlich <address@hidden> wrote:
> is anyone here using Synergy (see synergy2.sf.net) to make the mouse go
> smoothly from host to guest? At first glance, I'd say Synergy offers
> much of the stuff that's necessary for easing the use of Qemu: it can
> transport mouse and keyboard commands to another machine (to the Qemu
> guest), and it offers clipboard sharing.
>
> At second glance, Synergy moves the mouse pointer only when it reaches a
> screen border (for good interaction with Qemu, it should move the
> pointer whenever the Qemu windows is clicked or something like that).

That sounds very much like x2x or x2vnc to me. I have been using x2vnc
for a while when I had a Linux and a Windows box on my desk, and it
works beautifully. Is synergy much different?

Apart from that, I think on the X11 side x2vnc works very much like
Qemu already does. Of course the vnc side could be interesting. And
maybe synergy has the same functionality, but with less code.

The communication over TCP could easily be moved to a QEMU specific
transport, I guess.

Thomas