qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: qemu

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: qemu
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:21:56 +0700

Hello

> 1. How do I build my own .img file to boot?

Simply use qemu-img to create one. There are many file types you can
use, raw, cow,qcow and etc.

After that, simply start qemu with this new blank image together with
your favourite distro ISO image (pass the path and the filename to
-cdrom) and install like usual. The installation procedure is 100%
similar like installing Linux to real hard disk on real PC.

> 2. Can I run multiple qemu sessions ( so I can run clustered oracle
> )?

yes you can. Simply run multiple qemu instance. Just remember to pass
distinct MAC address  number to each qemu instance. To save time so you
don't need to build or copy multiple disk image, just use COW image
file based on one raw disk image.

You probably need to learn how to use VDE so you can build virtual
network among qemu instance.

read my HOWTO  (qemu+openSSI HOWTO) on qemu.dad-answers.com "HOWTO"
section on steps to create virtual openSSI cluster using qemu. You can
adapt it on any other type of cluster.

hope it helps.

regards,

Mulyadi