qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Graphic card

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Graphic card
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:42:35 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Oliver Gerlich wrote:

do they offer 2d acceleration that can be used by DirectDraw? They
certainly don't have 3d support, so if Qemu should have fast 3d graphics
one day, it will certainly not work with the current graphics emulation.

Fast 3d and emultion does not mix that well.. the more advanced graphics card you try to emulate the more complex (and also slower) the emulation of that graphics card is.

So, I think we shouldn't dismiss the possibility of a special Qemu
graphics card (and driver).

Agreed, but it is not in the main focus of qemu I think. But I also do not think any of the developers would oppose if such solution is being contributed.

Regards
Henrik