qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to get a guest IP

From: zheng sw
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to get a guest IP
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:23:41 +0800

Host want to get the guest's IP when the host start the guest?

My setting is: debian(2.6.8), qemu, bridge-utils, TUN/TAP. The
guest get a IP from a DHCP server which is in the same subnet whit
host.

My purpose is use bash to run ssh connect to the host, then run
qemu, After the guest is started, the host want to get the guest's
 IP and send to me, but nobody will control the guest. Now I am
puzzle in how the host get the guest IP.

I have try 1. redirect the guest stdio to a terminal. but false,
           2. Use DHCP server bound MAC address with IP, and use
-macaddr set the guest MAC. but I can't control the DHCP server
now.
           3, mount the qemu image, but document say it can't
mounted.
           4. guest use static IP, but I may start several guest
with a image.
           5. use -seral pty, but I can't read the pts.

Thank you!
My english is poor, sorry.