qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard/monitor problems when running not under X

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard/monitor problems when running not under X
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:25:29 -0500

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 02:08:29PM +0100, Marcus Blomenkamp wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm having serious problems getting my qemu instance running properly on
> linux
> framebuffer console. Somehow keystrokes are not delivered or translated

Yep. This is a known issue with the framebuffer. For some it seems to just work,
but for others the keys are not mapped correctly. My guess is that because qemu
uses the raw SDL scancode, its expected an X11 keycode but getting a framebuffer
keycode (or possibly the raw PC keyboard scancode). This probably wouldn't be
to hard for a person familiar with linux framebuffer programming to fix.