qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Booting from Install Cdrom

From: Dave Feustel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Booting from Install Cdrom
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 15:11:46 -0500

How to do it?

I am currently trying to get qemu to boot from /dev/cd0a (cdrom)
using the command "qemu -cdrom /dev/cd0a -hda ins37.img -boot d"
(ins37.img is a newly created 10G disk image).
But qemu reports that it cannot boot from the cdrom device, which has
in it the install cdrom for OpenBSD 3.7. What else do I need to do to get
qemu to successfully boot from the cdrom (and install a fresh copy of
OpenBSD 3.7 in ins37.img)?

Thanks.
Dave Feustel
--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,