qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU/KQEMU for server consolidation?

From: Leigh Dyer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU/KQEMU for server consolidation?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:38:38 +1100

Hi all,

I've been using QEMU and KQEMU quite happily to run Linux and Windows guests on my Linux desktop PC for quite some time now, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever used QEMU for running a Windows server OS on a Linux server. Specifically, I need a Windows 2000 Server install running with SQL Server 7 for a project, but I'd rather not dedicate a full machine to it.

Has anyone tried something like this before? QEMU will be running on a server, so I figured that the VNC X server would be a good option for the GUI, but if anyone has a better idea I'd love to hear it. Also, are there any issues running KQEMU on an SMP kernel?

Thanks
Leigh