qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] ACPI support

From: Yu, Ke
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] ACPI support
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:14:09 +0800

To support the ACPI event, qemu should at least have General-Purpose Event
(GPE) register and SCI interrupt (see ACPI 2.0 spec, ch 5.6).  It may not be as
simple as calculating checksum and updating acpi.S, so I guess you have to use
real hardware currently.

If there are more and more usage models for ACPI in qemu, I guess people will
consider adding ACPI support in qemu :)

Best Regards
Yu Ke

Intel, Open Source Technology Center