qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: VMWare player

From: Nis Jorgensen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: VMWare player
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:20:39 +0100

Christian MICHON wrote:

>using a slax-live cdrom, I managed to compile linux-2.6.14 in less
>than 3 minutes, when it takes more than 6 minutes with
>kqemu/qemu-0.7.2, and around 20 minutes without kqemu.
>The test was made using vmdk image format.

Please note that the VMware license terms forbid you to publish
benchmarks without prior written concern. I suspect that you may be in
violation (depending on the interpretation of "benchmark", and whether
you have such prior agreement). One of the reasons I decided not to
investigate VMware further.

/Nis