qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] NPTL/TLS support

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] NPTL/TLS support
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:12:42 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Paul Brook wrote:

> This is sufficient to run single-threaded NPTL enabled binaries. I've not yet
> implemented the futex syscalls, so multithreaded applications probaby won't
> work.

I followed another approach for our packages: don't use NPTL libraries.
<http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/contrib-SPECS/qemu/qemu-0.7.2-no-nptl.patch>
(but since glibc 2.4 officially drops support for linuxthreads...)

Someone will probably want to revive QEMU user-mode support and merge
NPTL/TLS support from IA-32 EL. If not with QEMU, probably use VEX JIT.