qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] why run qemu not use sudo, the /etc/qemu-ifup will not run

From: swz
Subject: [Qemu-devel] why run qemu not use sudo, the /etc/qemu-ifup will not run
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:41:28 +0800

I put the next three line into /etc/qemu-ifup.
#!/bin/sh
echo $* >> /tmp/qemu-ifup.$$
sudo /sbin/ifconfig ${1##/*/} 0.0.0.0 promisc up
sudo /usr/sbin/brctl addif bridge ${1##/*/}

I think when the qemu run, it will make a file in /tmp,
but actually, when I use root the run qemu, it work ok, when I user a
user, the script isn't run. Why?

Is the same with the option "-n script", when I use root to run qemu,
the script I assign will run, but in a normal user, it won't work.

Thank you!

Best Regard
Zheng SW