qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TAP Win32 broken for newer OpenVPN?

From: Bernd Waldboth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TAP Win32 broken for newer OpenVPN?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:13:15 +0100

It is strange. Tap works on my PC.

Here is a patch and a binary I used.
Tap version is 2.0.5 on WinXP pro SP2.
Tap and messagebox patches are applied.

http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/download/qemu-0.7.2-tap.patch
http://www.h6.dion.ne.jp/~kazuw/qemu-win/qemu-0.7.2-tap.zip

Regards,
Kazu

Sorry, my really stupid mistake. Somehow exactly when
trying with the old version I specified the name of the Tap
Adapter with exactly the same case of all the letters as
I used in the Control Panel. With the new driver I used
all lowercase letters and wasn't able to connect anymore.
Probably it would be best to ignore case in the patch if
it should at some point be integrated into the official source.

Thanks for your help
Bernd