qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] why run qemu not use sudo, the /etc/qemu-ifup will not

From: hmm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] why run qemu not use sudo, the /etc/qemu-ifup will not run
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:31:12 +0100

hi

> I put the next three line into /etc/qemu-ifup.
> #!/bin/sh
> echo $* >> /tmp/qemu-ifup.$$
> sudo /sbin/ifconfig ${1##/*/} 0.0.0.0 promisc up
> sudo /usr/sbin/brctl addif bridge ${1##/*/}
>
> I think when the qemu run, it will make a file in /tmp,
> but actually, when I use root the run qemu, it work ok, when I user a
> user, the script isn't run. Why?
>
> Is the same with the option "-n script", when I use root to run qemu,
> the script I assign will run, but in a normal user, it won't work.

as you did not mention /etc/sudoers i suspect you did not configure
your sudoers(5) file. read the manpage for full information. /etc/sudoers
defines which users can user predefined command/argument strings.
btw: for syntax checking after editing this file you should use visudo(8)
to edit this file.

greetings
virtual