qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SPARC64 Emulation

From: Brett Gyarfas
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SPARC64 Emulation
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:15:43 -0800

Hello,

I'm pretty new in working with QEMU. I have a project to try and get openSolaris to boot under qemu using the sun4u architecture. I am having some problems getting the qemu emulator to even intitally try to run my image. I started by building the 'qemu-system-sparc64' binary by using...

./configure -target-list="sparc64-softmmu"

after that I tried to run

qemu-system-sparc64 test.raw -boot d

and I get the error message: "qemu: could not load prom '/usr/local/share/qemu/proll-sparc64.bin'". I did notice that there is a proll.elf file though in the directory above. Any ideas as to where the pro ll-sparc64.bin file might be hiding? Any help is apperciated.

Thanks,
Brett Gyarfas