qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] user-net -redir working?

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] user-net -redir working?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:34:40 -0800

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 22:45 +0000, Richard Neill wrote:

> qemu -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d -user-net -redir tcp:2300::2301
>
> In Guest (knoppix):
>    netcat -l -p 2301
>
> On Host:
>
>    netcat localhost 2300
>
>    This connection is accepted (Netcat doesn't say connection refused),
> but then no data is ever transferred.
>

> Could someone confirm whether
>    a)I am being an idiot

Without more data, I'd vote for (a). It sounds like netcat is behaving
normally to me. Since you are typing this at the prompt, netcat is
dutifully waiting for you to type something to send over the link.

Perhaps if you type something on the client side and hit <ENTER>? Then
see if it shows up on the server side.

If you don't get any output on the server side, a network sniffer
(tcpdump) on both sides of the connection should be illuminating.

Later,

-- John.