qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: Ctrl+Ins to copy console on windows

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: Ctrl+Ins to copy console on windows
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:41:48 -0500

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 11:03:26AM -0800, art yerkes wrote:
> > > This is a small patch to enable copying the current console to the
> > > clipboard
> > > with Ctrl+Ins.
> > > A line break is added after the last nonblank character of each copied
> > > line.
> > >
> > > +static void console_copy()
> > > +{
> > > +#ifdef _WIN32
> >
> Unfortunately, I only implemented copying for windows.  I'm not sure
> how the clipboard works on other platforms, but they can be added in
> the console_copy function.

Thank you! This is great.

I've attached a modified version, which is more generic. Instead of copying to
the clipboard, it saves a copy of the text into a file named qemu-clip.txt
(in the working directory of qemu). Should work on all platforms. Needs a lot
of work (being able to specify the name of the file, append instead of
overwrite,
etc.) but should make it easy to "cheat copy" (save it to a file and then copy
the text via a word processor).

I'll see if I can make it copy into the X clipboard directly (the entire
X clipboard system is built in a weird way though).

> --
> Here's a simple experiment. Stand on a train track between two locomotives
> which are pushing on you with equal force in opposite directions. You will
> exhibit no net motion. None the less, you may soon begin to notice that
> something important is happening.
> -- Robert Stirniman

I'll try this soon.