qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QNX 6.3 and a PCI network card

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QNX 6.3 and a PCI network card
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:43:44 -0700 (MST)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Shaun Jackman <address@hidden> writes:
: 2005/11/19, M. Warner Losh <address@hidden>:
: > Since it is short, here is the patch that I have in the FreeBSD ports
: > tree for this issue.  It works sufficiently for FreeBSD's RTL
: > subdriver of ed to be happy.
:
: Thanks for the patch, Warner. Unfortunately, the PCI network card is
: still not detected for me by QNX 6.3, but it does work using the
: `-isa' option! The root of the issue might be a problem with the
: simulated PCI BIOS and not the simulated network card (stabbing in the
: dark, here). I'm running the QEMU package distributed by Debian, which
: I understand provides their own BIOS image. Perhaps I'll try running
: QNX using the standard BIOS image distributed by QEMU.

FreeBSD doesn't use the PCI BIOS enumeration, but rather gets its idea
of which PCI cards/chips are there from direct examination of the PCI
space.  So you may be onto something there...

Warner