qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Arm system emulation

From: Antti P Miettinen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Arm system emulation
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:45:20 +0200

Paul Brook <address@hidden> writes:
> The attached patch implements Arm system emulation.

Cool :-)

> There's nothing special about these. Just a vanilla 2.6.14 kernel configured
> with a serial console and busybox+bash from a Debian arm-linux install.

I checked out qemu from CVS, applied your patches and I can confirm
that after some tweaks with configuring qemu and getting the right
command line arguments I can indeed boot the sample kernel and image.
I also compiled linux 2.6.14.3 with a .config from the /proc/config.gz
of the sample kernel and the compiled kernel boots also fine.

While trying out gdb I ran into the same issue as reported by Johannes
Schindelin that cpu_single_env is cleared upon exiting cpu_exec(), but
e.g. breakpoint insertion ends up into tb_invalidate_phys_page_range()
which seems to assume that cpu_single_env is valid. Just commenting
out the clearing of cpu_single_env makes kernel debugging possible,
but I suppose that's not the right fix.

It seems that the sysemu is busylooping - is that currently to be
expected or do I have something misconfigured?