qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Debian blues (Re: Problem compiling with gcc 3.3 on 2.6

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Debian blues (Re: Problem compiling with gcc 3.3 on 2.6.14 (Debian))
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:35:08 -0500

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 10:24:10PM +0100, Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
> Natalia Portillo wrote:
> >
> >Just, I think, it is trying to link with libm.a, that is compiled  using
> >GCC 4.0, so, the fail.

I didn't read the original message, but this is a non-issue.  It
doesn't matter what compiler was used for libm.a

[Completely incorrect rant snipped]

> So you're supposed to "ln -s /usr/bin/gcc-3.3 /usr/bin/gcc # etc ...) ad
> nauseam...

No, you're bloody well not.  You're supposed to configure applications
to use the correct compiler if they need a particular version.  For
qemu that's --cc.  Not so hard, was it?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC