qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Building qemu on ARM host

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Building qemu on ARM host
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:06:14 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Steve Magoun wrote:

libqemu.a(op.o)(.text+0x27e0): In function `op_jb_subb':
/root/qemu/target-i386/ops_template.h:278: relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 __op_gen_label1
libqemu.a(op.o)(.text+0x2800): In function `op_jz_subb':

My limited experience of this kind of things indicates that the resulting binary got too big for the memory model used in the link unit, but the error indicates the relocation is a 24-bit relocation (8MB signed) so I am not sure this is the case as I doubt your qemu binary is larger than 8MB.

Maybe you could try compiling op.o with -mlong-jump to solve this, but probably not given that this error is from an inline assembly instruction. The assembly instruction in question is the _arm_ GOTO_LABEL_PARAM define in dyngen-exec.h. It may also help simply rearranging the link order or code slightly moving the relocation within reach.

Regards
Henrik