qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu curses driver

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu curses driver
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:46:57 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply!

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, andrzej zaborowski wrote:

> - fixed the terminal resize event handling, now it should work
> regardless of the curses library implementation,

Unfortunately, it does not work here. ATM I am using a cygwin rxvt, and
run qemu via SSH. I don't know if rxvt can resize, or if I have to allow
it... Ideas?

> - some keyboard input details,

I usually test QEmu with a floppy image of Injector Linux. When I
want to delete a word, I use Escape+d or Escape+BackSpace. I still do not
get the desired result.

> - and changed the Makefile to compile the curses driver for all
> targets that use the VGA emulator (from hw/vga.c) - that means all
> targets except Sparc and ARM - I think it is also possible to make
> this work for Sparc and ARM but I don't know anything about these
> architectures and wouldn't have any way to perform any testing and I
> also don't know how useful this would be.

That is very good!

> Any comments are welcome, especially if someone encounters any further
> bugs or malfunctioning of the interface. What do you think about
> including the curses interface in QEMU?

I like it very much. It makes it especially easy to copy text from the
guest. I am very much in favor of inclusion. Now let's see what our BDFL
says ;-)

Ciao,
Dscho