qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: qemu curses driver

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu curses driver
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:19:36 +0100

Hiya,

On 12/12/05, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sparc32 graphics cards are just frame buffers without a text mode. Sparc64
> uses PCI cards, including VGA, so any text mode enhancements could be useful
> there.

I just noticed that there's a Sparc64 architecture, and it is there
quite separate from Sparc32. I only didn't see it before because it
doesn't appear in the output of "./configure --help" together with
other targets.
Indeed the "qemu-system-sparc64" executable, unlinke
qemu-system-sparc, is linked with "vga.o", the normal PCI card VGA
emulator.
Fortunately I disabled compiling with Curses only for "sparc" and
"arm", so when I reran ./configure with "sparc64" in the targets list
it compiled just fine with curses support built into
qemu-system-sparc64.

I only have no way to see whether everything works because I didn't
even find a working BIOS image for Sparc 64, but it should be fine.
Do the video adapters used in Sparc 32 machines really have nothing
like a text mode?

Cheers,
--
balrog 2oo5

Dear Outlook users: Please remove me from your address books
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/21/143258