qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: qemu curses driver

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu curses driver
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:53:49 +0100

I only have no way to see whether everything works because I didn't
even find a working BIOS image for Sparc 64, but it should be fine.
Do the video adapters used in Sparc 32 machines really have nothing
like a text mode?

No, they are just frame buffers converting pixel data to RGB. For example, a machine would start directly in 1024x768x24bit mode. Boot prom provides some primitive text output functions, but Linux very early starts to use its own frame buffer drivers.