qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Build for an arm host

From: Steve Magoun
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Build for an arm host
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:18:17 -0500

I'm able to build qemu for an arm host with the patch I sent earlier today. I'm cross-compiling on x86 to build the arm binary:

cd qemu
./configure --cross-prefix=arm-linux- --cpu=armv4l --target-list=i386-user
make

The resulting binary (qemu/i386-user/qemu-i386) runs simple i386 programs; I wasn't able to make it work with anything that required X11 (the emulated binary dies with signal 6). I haven't investigated that problem yet.

My arm system is a PXA270 running Linux 2.6.13.4.

Steve