qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with gdbserver and debugging

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with gdbserver and debugging
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:31:40 +0700

Hello Andre...

> I'm running into problems using qemu to debug a kernel module. My
> host and virtual machine are both x86 running Fedora Core 4. After
> insmoding the module in the virtual machine, starting gdbserver,
> running gdb on the host with the module sections loaded at the right
> place, and setting a breakpoint in the module code, gdb does not
> always get notified when the code is exectuted. After adding

I'm not doing module debugging, only core kernel code debugging, but
more or less I run into same situation (last time confirmed with Qemu
0.7.1)

For additional info, sometimes I also suffered the other condition.
Breakpoint is hit, but even if I delete it, the emulation still stops
whenever the code at related physical address is hit. I tried to
printf() every gdb command received by Qemu's gdbstub and it confirmed
that breakpoint deletion command is actually received, but I can't
confirm what is the real bug there.

regards

Mulyadi