qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Reminder of previously posted but not integrated patch

From: G.P. Halkes
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Reminder of previously posted but not integrated patch
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:13:38 +0100

Hello,

I recently ran into a bug in the slirp code, for which a patch was
already posted on the qemu mailing list, but that somehow did not get
integrated into CVS. I ran into it in a similar fashion as the original
submitter. I tested the patch, and it fixed my problem (and didn't
introduce new ones as far as I can tell). The original post is at:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-05/msg00228.html

It's a small and easy fix. I checked all places where m_inc is called,
and it makes no sense what so ever to not change the m_data member. In
all cases, the memory where the m_data member points to is immediately
written to. This means that it needs to point to valid memory which it
doesn't do if realloc moved the buffer.

I hope this fix will now soon be integrated into CVS.

Regards,
Gertjan Halkes