qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu won't compile on Fedora Core 4/X86_64

From: Paolo Campegiani
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu won't compile on Fedora Core 4/X86_64
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:40:56 +0100

Quoting Joseph Miller <address@hidden>:

> I managed to get it to compile on FC4, but I took a slightly different
> approach.  I renamed gcc to gcc4 and I renamed gcc32 to gcc.  So when
> configure automatically finds gcc, it has the correct one without any
> particular options.  I don't see how this could be any different than using
> - --cc=gcc32 --host-cc=gcc32

In fact, it is not different (unless there are some problems with the configure
script, are you sure you are not able to compile qemu even with -cc and
--host-cc?).

Note that I was unable to compile qemu 0.7.2 on my FC4/x86_64, so I guess there
is something strictly related to the X864_64 architecture, a problem different
than the usual "won't compile on gcc4".