qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Interest in hardware plugin functionality

From: Jan Marten Simons
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Interest in hardware plugin functionality
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:01:24 +0100

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

I think the biggest problem would be that a lot of operating systems
don't support hotplug PCI.

I think Michael's idea was rather to select the hardware to use during qemu startup rather then to change it while the system is up and runnning. Therefore hotplugging would not be an issue.

To give some feedback as well, I like the idea of dynamic hardware as qemu can become even more versatile than it is right now.

With regards,
Jan