qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] win98 user mode network not working ...

From: Adrian Coman
Subject: [Qemu-devel] win98 user mode network not working ...
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:38:10 +0200

Hi,

I'm a newbie with qemu and I know there have been a lot of topics on the qemu
networking topic, but none of them solved my problem ... I hope I'll get an
answer from you.

So, I have a CentOS 4.2 as host with qemu-0.8.0 installed from sources. As
guest I have a win98se. In w98 I configured the network to get the IP through
dhcp. I start qemu with:

qemu -localtime -hda win98.img

From what I read, when there is no -net option, the default network mode is
usermode.

The problem is that when I ping yahoo.com for example I get the IP of yahoo
but no response from ping ..., something like:

ping yahoo.com
Pinging yahoo.com [216.109.112.135] with 32 bytes of data:
request time out

I attached a screenshot with the output of ipconfig /all from w98.

Where did I do wrong?

Thanks,
Adrian