qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS little endian system emulation?

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS little endian system emulation?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:26:31 +0100

Domen Puncer wrote:
Hi.

What would need to be done for qemu to support little endian system
emulation?
I tried changing kernel config, to "support" little endian, and it
even builds it. When i try to boot it with qemu-system-mips it...
well... doesn't do anything.

I'm guessing that I need something like qemu-system-mipsel?
Any hints on how to easily (if that's possible) provide it?

Hi,

I see no reason why the mipsel system emulation cannot be implemented in the existing qemu-system-mips with a dynamic switch (I was told that some MIPS processor have a bit to dynamically select the endianness). I would really prefer that compared to a new target. Note that I added a new target for user mode mipsel and armeb just because it would have been difficult and inefficient to switch the endianness dynamically in the Linux system call converter...

Fabrice.