qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] problem with vvfat and plan9

From: Jens Arm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] problem with vvfat and plan9
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:26:24 +0100

> > cannot add sdC1!dos [63,966798) to disk [0,966735): partition boundaries
> > out of range
>
> Note that the difference of the larger numbers is exactly 63...
>
> It might be fixed by replacing the line
>
>     s->sector_count=0xec04f;
>
> with
>
>     s->sector_count=0xec04f - 63;
>
> in block-vvfat.c, but I can't tell all the implications right now. If you
> feel lucky, you can try it, but I'll have a look anyway.

I have tested this little fix with plan9 and now it works. I have found no
errors
e.g. with Linux or so in qemu. Looks like it is working correctly.

Then I have tried to test the :rw: with plan9, but nothing is written into the
host filesystem.
I have enabled debug in vvfat and there I see that the newly created file in
plan9 mounted vvfat-drive
is shown in the log. But I do not see the commit message which in the log is
shown if I try with linux.

Jens