qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu - where will it go?

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu - where will it go?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:52:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> Using legacy apps is clearly an interesting topic for QEMU. With the
> improved dynamic translator written by Paul Brook (but not merged yet),
> QEMU will be far less dependent of C compiler and porting the dynamic
> translator to a new host will still be simple.

Just wondering: Deducing from the above, you are willing to merge it...
You have any plan as to when?

> - VNC server (merge the VNC patch)

The big problem remains: How to keep host and guest cursor in sync.

Note that I am playing around with a half-working patch to add SummaSketch
(Tablet) emulation, and maybe eventually Wacom (since some Linux distros
can autodetect it). Maybe even a USB emulation is needed, but I still
don't know if Windows/Linux auto-select the absolute positioning. If not,
all this is mute.

Also, the new LibVNCServer -- due this or next week -- should solve the
jinky mouse problem.

Ciao,
Dscho