qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] IDE disks above 64 GB

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] IDE disks above 64 GB
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 06:45:47 +0100

Hi,
The bochs ROM BIOS image version that is included in QEMU has problems
displaying disk sizes higher than 64 GBytes (sometimes smaller) when
you start a virtual machine, sometimes it will even show negative
values. This was quite annoying and I recently submitted a fix for
this and it's already in bochs 2.3 and in the bochs CVS. You might
want to update the BIOS binary distributed with QEMU to have this
fixed. There has also been a number of other improvements since the
last time the image was updated in QEMU, and I know the current
version from bochs CVS works perfectly with QEMU because I'm using it,
whether with the qemu patch or without it.
Regards,
Andrew
--
balrog 2oo6

Dear Outlook users: Please remove me from your address books
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/21/143258