qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Networking between QEMU 0.8 on WinXP (Host) and NetBSD (Gue

From: Andrew Leach
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Networking between QEMU 0.8 on WinXP (Host) and NetBSD (Guest)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:18:48 +0000

Hi,

I'm new to QEMU but have been sufficiently impressed (well done to all involved) to try and get my networking working!

I've installed the OpenVPN Tap driver (and called it QEMU) and have bridged the Tap device with my existing Wifi adapter. This appears to be fine.

However, when I start QEMU it complains about the invalid option '-net tap'. Here's the start command in the batch file:

START qemu-system-x86_64.exe -L . -m 128 -boot c -cdrom netbsd-amd64pkg-3.0.iso -hda netbsd.img -soundhw sb16 -localtime -net nic -net tap,QEMU

What am I doing wrong? Is there any simple how to documentation available for version 0.8? Can anyone offer me some assistance?

Thanks, Hovis