qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] vde-inject 0.0.0

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] vde-inject 0.0.0
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:13:25 -0500

I've implemented a prototype kernel module as described in this email:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-08/msg00123.html
Full source code and makefile attached as a bz2ball.

Not really strictly related to VDE, this module basically enables the creation
of a user space bridge.

Basically it creates /proc/vdeinject and uses that file to expose the netif_rx()
function. When you write a packet to it, the module handles all the skb stuff
and attempts to inject the packet into eth0. Currently my VDE setup seems to
be broken (my vde_pcap and vde_packet in particular don't want to work with my
vde_switch). It appears to work tho (as when using vde_pcap_inject to connect
to tap0, a dhcpd server that I was running on tap0 was able to pick up dhcp
requests from a guest).

Also, for those who want to see live updates as soon as I make changes, here
is a link:

http://jma-box.student.umd.edu:8080/vde-inject/vdeinject.c