qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu

From: G Portokalidis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:24:08 +0100

Does the copying of instructions occur in user-space or kernel-space?
I would like to port Argos to use the kernel accelerator, but i'm
unsure this is possible considering the accelerator is not open
source.

If the `parsing' and copying of instructions occurs in user-space, i
could instead of instrumenting instructions, have the necessary
actions packed in a different block and executed in a pseudo-parallel
way.

That will require trapping some instructions (like jmp, call, etc),
which i'm not sure is possible unless you have access to the kernel
module.

Any insight on how the kernel accelerator works?

BTW, Fabrice could you add a link to argos
(http://www.few.vu.nl/argos) on your website? It is a child of qemu
anyway :-)