qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Make QEMU more friendly for kernel debug

From: prime
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Make QEMU more friendly for kernel debug
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:46:17 +0800

Hello everyone,
   I find that I can't single step OS kernels use qemu.When I use "step" or "next" command in gdb,
the kernel always enter its interrupt route instead
 of executing the next instruction after the breakpoint.So I modify QEMU's source code to disable interrupts in single step mode,and now I can use
 "step" or "next" command in gdb to single step
 functions.

   Should I post the patch? It is a very small modification.

--
Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life:
the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for